10 things I love about the first 5 months
1. Breastfeeding can get you out of most things and is just the nicest thing to be able to do.
2. No messy solids…. yet
3. Parents understand that you do anything that works to survive – there’s much less judgement about how you parent in the first six months compared to when they are over one year.
4. Squishy chubby legs (his, not mine)
5. There’s so much development – they go from a strange little blob, to your baby who recognises and smiles at you.
6. They stay where you have put them down.
7. They sleep anywhere.
8. Having a messy house is completely understandable and acceptable.
9. Everyone wants a piece of the pie. If you’re a social person and you’re out and about, a lot of people come up to look at the baby.
10. The gummy smile
What a lovely near five months it’s been. It’s so hard to imagine what life was like before he came along! What a treasure ☺