10 things I could learn from my kids
1. Let it go. Just like Elsa. Kids get upset, they move on quickly (most of the time) and they let it go. Which brings me to…
2. Don’t hold a grudge. Kids just don’t remember stuff and hold onto things like adults do. When they move on, they seriously move on. Life is too short and somehow they know it!
3. Laugh even when you’re cranky. I find this one particularly tricky. When I’m cranky I do not want to crack a smile, but when my kids are upset, I can still make them laugh without too much effort. And it really diffuses the situation.
4. Play play play! Ignore the mess and play. Don’t worry about the time and play!
5. Wear whatever you want, whenever you want.
6. Eat when you’re hungry and not when you’re bored.
7. Run around and play even when it’s stinking hot. You can always cool off later.
8. Ask questions. Even if it’s driving your Mama up the wall, always be curious.
9. Get excited about the little things, like your favourite bed time story, or popcorn and ice cream on a Friday night.
10. Dance. Just dance as much as possible and as silly as you like and as crazy as you can. Dance with the people you love and allow yourself to get caught up in the music, whatever it may be.