Happy-1-year-at-my-job-anniversary-birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yes, it’s official. I have held a permanent, full-time job for 1 whole year. Hallelujah! Today marks 1 year at my job here at Newman College, full-time, and I’m pretty excited about this milestone. Well, actually, I only just remembered about it now!
Interesting things about my job:
- I haven’t taken a sick day since I started (I’ve been late in twice with a bad neck though)
- I have had about 7 weeks of holidays (some taken leave without pay)
- I have another 6 weeks off over Christmas
- We have coffee every morning together at 10:30am
- We have morning tea all together (including other non-office staff) every Wednesday and the kitchen provides tasty treats such as toasted bacon and egg sandwiches or scones or biscuits (I’m trying to cut back though!!)
- We celebrate everyone’s birthday with an extra morning tea
- We go out to lunch a few times a year all together and enjoy a lovely 3 course meal
- I really like working here. The people, the location, the flexibility and generosity I experience every day reminds me of how blessed I am to have this job.
And I plan to be here until we leave college next June/July, so let the morning teas continue!
Wow thanks! I’m so touched! And I find it amusing (and awesome!) that both Hubs and I had you in our youth groups. So funny! I keep him up to date with your news and I know he’s really happy for you! 🙂
I gave you an award on my blog!
Check it out:
Tee hee! Hooray for the GFC! (But not really…) It’s funny cos I consider you having the same job since you finished uni, as you’ve been with Qld Health the whole time! But I know what you mean.
Congratulations!! I’m still waiting to meet that milestone with ANY job! Its looking good for making it with my current job though…probably only because of the GFC or I would have found another by now!! 🙂