No, I’m not referring to Glenn Frey’s awesome hit from the 80s, I’m referring to summer in Brisbane. You see, living in Melbourne, I forget what summer is like up here. When in Melbourne, I am in regular contact with a good friend of mine and she often tells me “it’s hot” and I think “it can’t be THAT bad”. And then I come to visit and remember. It so totally completely IS that bad. And this is why:
– I am a naturally sweaty person. Need I say more?
– a cold shower still means warm water
– it’s too hot to sleep
– I sweat a lot
– parking in the shade is more important than anything else. Anything.
– I can’t wear make up (not such a bad thing)
– did I mention the sweat??
I love Brisbane. I really do. But I gotta say, I don’t miss the summers up here. I’m just going to go and stand in front of the fan for a while now…