1. The house has been lifted!
It’s a bit hard to tell but it went up by almost a meter! It was pretty awesome watching them jack it up. They are now making the holes for the posts and will put the front landing and stairs on for us to be back in by mid next week.
2. We’ve been staying with our awesome neighbours for the duration. They have been very accommodating and I think they love having the kids around as they have grandchildren around the same age who they don’t get to see very often.
3. It’s raining today. Pouring in fact, and I really hope that doesn’t push things back anymore. And I can just see our backyard turning into a big muddy mess. This is the kids playing in the dirt last week. Such fun!
4. I’m recovering from gastro. I hate being sick when I’m not at home. Hopefully no one else gets it!!!!
5. Quinn has been completely out of sorts this week away from home. You can just see her trying to regain control of something; anything! Am trying to give her lots of opportunities to make her own choices during the day.
6. Darby continues to charm the pants off everyone. And he’s really talking up a storm. His latest phrase is “so clever”. He hears it a lot from his brother and sister.
7. Chance is turning into such a big lovely boy. He’s so wonderful with Darby and loves to teach him things. It’s completely cute.
8. I had a wedding last weekend and 3 more coming up in the next 3 weeks. I don’t think I’ll be looking to do too many next year. I just don’t seem to have the headspace for it at the moment. With the exception of family and friends who ask me, of course.
9. It’s times like these that I wish we lived closer to family. Our neighbours truly are some of the best people we’ve ever met and we are fortunate to have such wonderful support from them. But nothing beats your own family.
10. Three weeks tomorrow, we’ll be on our way down to the sunny coast for a holiday, staying with two other very special families who we met 8 years ago through Hubs’ medicine studies. This has been in planning since February this year and we really cannot wait. So. Excited.
I dare say my next 10 things on the 10th post will be full of photos from that trip.
Nice house clown face!